Monday, January 28, 2013

Light

The water chills my bones like nothing I can describe. My stomach was rubbed raw an hour ago as I moved forward. Each little movement an agonizing brutal torture. Doing that odd little shuffle, that one where your arm moves forward than your legs push well you pull. Each one only a foot more. But a foot closer to my destination. The tunnel is barely larger then my modestly sized frame.

I cant turn my head up other wise I slam into the roof of the tunnel. I dare not move my arms down more than six inches for fear of getting stuck in here forever. And thus I have had my eyes upturned and feeling the muscles strain. But I move forward.

I can see a light ahead of me, I am finally nearing the end of this cursed thing. The water begins to sting as my skin snakes over a jagged piece of metal. I stuff my scream, not because I am some tough guy, because right now I have too. If the high priest is to survive, I need to stay silent.

My legs slices open, I feel warmth of my blood slowly leak out of me, like water running from a broken pipe. Kinda of a metaphoric to me in my rambling head. Shaking my head, water dripping into my eyes, I think I feel my fingers wrap around a rough edge. Opening my eyes I see them wrapped around a grate.

With a quick push I am able to shove it out. Light blinds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment