Monday, February 25, 2013

Sticks and Stones

Sticks and stones break my bones. I go day to day fighting this fight. I live each day on a gas tank running on empty but with the attitude I am on full and will keep racing ahead. I never hit the breaks on this wild ride I call my life, this crazy, hellion, chaotic way of life. Racing from one destination to the next.

I fight this dark black beast each morning, noon and night. When I am with friends and enemy's and family and loved ones. This beast that crawls within and without each time my eyes blink and I breath, each time my fist clenches, each draw of my breath, with every heartbeat it...it...it's sitting there waiting. Wanting to attack me, my loved ones, my friends, my family and my lord.

His breath is ragged, wet, and warm, a dark deep reminder of my past self. He is me....I am him. He is my anger. My anger is him. Fears and darkness are him and I am him. His dark hands rest on my shoulders, trying to make me kneel and say the words to end it. The words I have thought before but never said. But the actions...I have tried those and it sits there.

I kneel though to a different being. I kneel before an almighty all powerful God! I pray to him morning, noon, and night. With each draw I pray and ask for strength to run and keep fighting for myself and others. To give me courage and the wisdom to handle this day.

I think each day why..why? What is the reason for this? And I have come to the conclusion that Beauty is the reason for life, God created a perfect work of art and is proud of us. He is boastful of his work and we are his beauty and says to go forth in life and live!! Live for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment